How Many Colors Are Emergency Vehicle Lights?
- Emergency vehicle lights are an essential part of police cars, fire trucks, tow trucks, etc. Their purpose is to convey the info of dangerous roadway conditions, negotiate and direct the traffic, light up the emergency situations, and ensure the safety of First Responders.
- In the US, the most common colors of emergency vehicles are red, amber, green, blue, and white. Each color has a different meaning. State statutes determine what departments use these colors, and some statutes dictate where the lights can be mounted on a vehicle. Here is detailed info on these colors and their meanings:
- Red is the most common color that signifies there is an emergency situation. They are mounted on police vehicles, fire trucks, ambulances, and rescue squad vehicles. Drivers or pedestrians will get out of the way and let you get to your final destination if they saw a red light on the emergency vehicles.
- And, emergency vehicles can also use forward-facing red lights in combination with blue or white lights.
- Amber light is one of the most popular colors used in emergency vehicles. Many states use amber lighting to signify caution, most commonly used on construction vehicles, public works, tow trucks, wreckers, escort vehicles, security patrols, snowplows, etc.
- Green emergency lights have only come into play within several years. They are used by EMTs, paramedics, and First Responders, and Homeland Security, and some private agencies that contracted to patrol government buildings. Green lights mean that government security agencies transporting someone or something important from place to place.
- Also, the green lights are subject to the local restrictions for some states, for example, Indiana.
- Blue lights can be used on police and other law enforcement vehicles. However, they are also permitted on fire trucks, ambulances, tow trucks, and wreckers in some states of the USA.
- Blue lights are regulated as they are important. Blue light is a signal that you are on a mission and have the authority to get there by any means.
- White emergency lights are often used in a school bus, tanker truck for visibility purposes and make sure people take notice of the vehicles. They are always in combination with red or blue lights and used on police cars, ambulances, and fire trucks.
- According to your needs, any of our LED emergency warning lights are perfect for your vehicle. But first, it’s important to know exactly which colors the law allows you to use on your car or truck. Level us a message, and we would love to offer you more info.
“Bring new life to your lights with help from LEDSIX. We’ve got a few options from LEDSIX to help you take lighting to new levels.”
“LEDSIX’s drop shipping business is good for me. I can start my E-Commerence business now. “
“Fancier than a smart bulb, cheaper than most smart lamps. It’s a gorgeous lamp with a slew of unique light”